Table of Contents
Have you lost your aadhaar card? Don’t worry, you can easily download duplicate aadhaar card. If you have your aadhaar number or enrolment number from acknowledgement slip then you can simply download duplicate aadhaar card online. If don’t have any of aadhaar number or enrolment number with you still you can download duplicate aadhaar card. You need to follow 2 step process for this case, check the second section for instructions.
There are multiple names used for the same thing, officially it is called an e-aadhaar card. Some call it online aadhaar letter and some call duplicate aadhaar card.
Download Duplicate Aadhaar Card with Enrolment Number or Aadhaar Number
As discussed above, even if you have lost or misplaced your printed aadhaar card you can download a duplicate one. It will be easy if you have your aadhar number or enrolment number noted down somewhere. In our aadhaar application guide, we suggested you have an extra photocopy of aadhaar or acknowledgement slip.
We have a detailed guide to know how to download e-aadhaar card with enrolment number or aadhaar number, click on given link to read.
Download Duplicate Aadhaar Card without Enrolment Number or Aadhaar Number
Now consider this case where you have lost printed aadhar card, acknowledgement slip, enrolment number (EID) and aadhaar number (UID) too. Still there is a way to get duplicate aadhaar card. It is a two-step process where you need to first you will receive lost “Aadhaar Number – UID” or “Enrolment Number – EID” and then use any one out of these to download duplicate aadhaar card online.
Step 1) Receive lost EID or UID
Go to Resident UID website.
- Select what you want to receive Aadhaar No. or Enrolment No.
- Enter your “Full Name”, the exactly same way it was printed on the card. I most cases it will be (FirstName MiddleName LastName). If a Name doesn’t match exactly then you will get an error that “No record found. Please refine your query and try again”.
- Now you have either enter registered email ID or registered mobile number. IF you don’t have any one of it then you cannot proceed.
- Enter correct captcha (number in box) and click “Get OTP” button.
- You receive OTP (6-digit number / password) on your registered mobile number. Enter it in “Enter OTP” field and click “Verify OTP”.
- On successful verification, you will receive your EID or EID (whichever you selected above) on your registered mobile number or email.
- After that, you will be redirected to above page which prompt you to download duplicate aadhaar card or e-aadhaar card. Click on “Download e-Aadhaar” button.
Step 2) Download e-Aadhaar
We have created a separate guide for next procedure. Click on the link to learn how to download e-aadhaar card or letter.
- You must need to have either registered email ID or registered mobile number to receive lost UID or EID.
- “Name” will be in initcap format. e.g Sachin Vaman Shinde.