Table of Contents
You must have already submitted an application for an aadhaar card and you are waiting for its delivery. As we discussed in enrolment guide, it generally takes minimum 60-90 days for an aadhaar card procedure. 2-3 months is a long wait so one may get compelled to track the status of the application. Here is the good news, we have 4 option to check aadhaar card status.
Options to check aadhaar card status: we will explain all option in details.
- Online – from UIDAI site
- SMS – from your registered mobile number
- Helpline – UIDAI Helpline Number: 1800-300-1947
- India Post – from India site for tracking delivery
Check Aadhaar Card Status Online
- Go to UIDAI Status Check Page.
- Enter enrolment ID and date as suggested.
- Enter security code as shown (not same as above, it will be different when you will check). If you are not able to read that number then you can click on “Try another”, it will generate other security code.
- Click on “Check Status” button.
- Your Aadhaar Card status will be displayed below
You can see either of status options,
- “Your aadhaar card is under process” – status speaks for itself that your application is under progress. It may take 60-90 days on total for same.
- “Congratulations, your aadhaar card has been generated, and it will be delivered soon“. In this case, you can track the post-delivery status from India Post, which is described below in option 4.
Kindly note that only UIDAI supported status check mechanisms are authentic. Do not fall any other scam methods.
Check Aadhaar Card status with SMS
Yes, you can check the status of your application with SMS too. If you don’t have internet facility, then you can choose this option. Kindly note that you MUST send SMS from your registered mobile number (one which you added in Aadhaar Card Application Form).
UID STATUS <14 Digit Enrolment Centre>
and send it to 51969
You will receive the status on SMS within few seconds.
Check Aadhaar Card status with Helpline
You can call Toll free number 1800-300-1947 and enquire about an Aadhar card status.
Kindly keep acknowledgement slip handy.
Track Aadhaar Card Delivery Status with India Post
UIDAI delivers an Aadhaar Card only by India Post, so once you see application status successful then you should check the delivery status as follows,
- Visit India Post Site
- Enter enrolment number and date, click “Verify”
Kindly note that at this point of time this service is not working. Kindly refer our Aadhaar Card News & Update Section for any update on same.