Table of Contents
This happens sometimes times, that your aadhaar card will have the wrong name, address, mobile number, DOB or gender etc. One of such important field but underrated is Mobile Number. You must change mobile number in aadhaar card if you have lost the original registered mobile number. Why correcting mobile number is so important? Because the registered mobile number is mandatory for all online and mobile transaction related to aadhaar card. Once you correct the mobile number then you can do other aadhaar changes online yourself.
Kindly note that you can update only following the type of data either online or by post.
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Address and
- Mobile Number
No documents required to be submitted for Mobile and Gender correction.
Procedure to Change Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card Online
- Go to Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal. You will see the following screen.
- Enter your “Aadhaar card number” and “Verification Code”.
Click on “Send OTP” button, you will receive One Time Password “OTP” on you existing registered mobile number.
If you don’t have your registered mobile number with you then you cannot update the mobile number or other data online. Then, you left with 2 options either you can visit your enrolment centre or send aadhaar data update / correction request by post.
Enter received OTP in next screen, and click “Login”
- Check the box next to Mobile number as you are doing this process to change mobile number in Aadhaar Card and click “Submit”.
Enter the mobile number you want to update to (another number) and click “Submit Update Request”.
Read instructions and check confirmation box. Click “Modify“.
Your request is completed, you will receive SMS on your old registered mobile number and you will be prompt to print or download an acknowledgment slip. Kindly note your URN (Update Request Number), you will need URN to track the status of your update request.
This is how your update / correction acknowledgment slip looks like. Save it on your mobile / laptop or take a print.
Procedure to Change Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card by Post
As we said earlier, if you don’t have a registered mobile number with you (lost/damaged) then you left with 2 options. Either visit your enrolment centre or change mobile number in aadhaar card by post. Here are the instructions for same.
- Download Data Update / Correction Form.
- Fill in the form completely and sign it off. Fill the form in English as well as Local Language. Use same local language which you chosen while enrolment.
- You can fill the same form for more than one change, but then you have to submit supporting document accordingly.
- Write full name without salutations or titles like Mr./ Mrs/ Smt / Dr. etc
- It is not mandatory, but you can add C/o details in the address.
- Write your aadhaar card number of each supporting document and self-attest each document. In the case of child parents / guardian will sign.
- As you are doing this process to change mobile number in aadhaar card, you don’t need to give any documents with the request.
- In other update or correction process, you need to submit PoI, PoA, DoB document.
- Review filled up form, check data from both languages English and your local language.
- Send update/correction form to one of the following the address. Write “Aadhaar Update/Correction” on top of the envelope.
- UIDAI Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India or,
- UIDAI Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
- Your application will again go from verification and screening processes and if an update or correction if successful your mobile number or other data will be changed in aadhaar card.
- This process may take time, click on the link to track update data request.