An aadhaar Card is 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Government of India. Any resident in India can apply for aadhaar card, even you can have it for your children and infant. Officially you don’t need to pay for this process, it is a free service. Though it is a voluntary (not compulsory) process, having an aadhaar card have a lot of benefits, click on the link for more information about an aadhaar card and its benefits.
Kindly note that you cannot enrol or apply for aadhaar card online. Presently only online appointment booking is supported, but for selective centres only.
Proof of Identity (PoI) & Proof of Address (PoA):
- PAN Card
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
Click on the link to find the complete list of documents required for an aadhaar card application.
- To enrol for aadhaar card, you must need to visit an authorized aadhaar card enrolment centre near you. Click here to know how to search your nearest authorized aadhaar card enrolment centre.
- At the centre, they will give you an aadhaar card application form or else if you want to save time download application form by clicking the link. If you have downloaded form, you and your family members can fill it at home only, that will save time at centre. Fill in the form correctly, review the information filled in for a couple of times.
- Fill in the correct mobile number in the form, because the same number will be used as your registered mobile number for generating OTP for future aadhaar related online / mobile processes or for authentication purposes.
- After initial screening from the executive, he/she will take your photo, fingerprint and iris scans.
- Executive will submit your application and then you will get an acknowledgement slip. Do not lose this slip, the number in a slip will be used to check aadhaar card status. If possible, make photocopies of slip.
- After successful submission, your application goes to UIDAI for verification, there it will go through various rigorous screenings and verifications.
- If you have submitted wrong information or duplicate / fraud information, then your application will be rejected and you will be notified by letter.
Else if your application if successful, you will receive your aadhaar card on your given postal address.
Aadhar application process may take 60-90 days. By that time if you like to know how to check aadhaar card status then click on the link.
- Do not pay any money for an application form or for the whole process, it’s free.
- You can apply for aadhaar card from any authorized enrolment centre across India with correct identity and address proof.
- You need to apply for aadhaar card only once.
- Printed aadhaar card do not hold any electronic data on it like a debit card or a bank card. It’s having printed unique UID number.
- It may take 60-90 days or more for the complete aadhaar card enrolment process.
- You cannot do complete aadhaar card enrolment process online, only appointment slot can be booked online but for selective centres only. Click on the link to learn how to book appointment fo aadhaar card online.
- After the successful application you can check aadhaar card status online.